Golden Age Parsons Street Humbuckers
Straight-up raw vintage! Closely modeled after an outstanding vintage P.A.F. set from our own collection. That sweet tone was just too good to keep to ourselves!
True vintage sound.
We christened these exceptional humbuckers in tribute to the famous Kalamazoo address where the holy grail of pickups, the legendary P.A.F. (Patent Applied For), was born.
Just like the originals, the slug coil has more windings than the polepiece coil, and both coils are unpotted. Old P.A.F.s weren't made in separate neck and bridge-position models, and their DC resistance varied from 7-9K ohms. We give you a choice: Parsons Street neck-position pickups are wound to mid 7K, and bridge-position models to low 8K.
Golden Age Parsons Street Humbuckers sweet vintage tone was crafted to vintage P.A.F. specifications:
• Nickel-silver cover for tone transparency
• Original 1.97" (50.04mm) polepiece spacing
• Plain enameled AWG42 coil wire
• Black paper coil tape
• Wood spacer
• Choice of Alnico 2 or Alnico 5 magnet
• Nickel-silver baseplate
• Single-conductor braided shield output wire
Your choice of original-style magnets:
• Alnico 2 for warm tone with smooth highs and a soft bottom response.
• Alnico 5 produces a clear tone with more pronounced highs and a tighter low end.
(Original P.A.F.s contained Alnico 2, 3 and 5 magnets at various times.)
Neck models: mid 7K ohms
Bridge models: low 8K ohms
||including mounting tabs
Height adjustment screws, springs and wiring diagrams included.
Mounting rings and mounting ring screws are available separately.